Last updated: 08/01/17 at 10:14 AM.
Here is a guide of things I check each time I print. I still suck at this, and pretty much every one of my prints have failed in some way, but if you’re looking to get started with your new printer — here is a good place to start.
- Export your model from Cura
- Load file into OctoPrint
- Lift the nozzle up 50mm.
- Set nozzle temperature 195 (for PLA, or other material temp), and while waiting for it to get to temp…
- Take off the glass plate from the printing bed.
- Scrape off any gunk that remained from any failed prints.
- Spray your glass plate with some isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Wipe it off with a microfiber rag.
- Spray the glass with some hairspray.
- Once the nozzle is up to temp, retract the extruder 10mm.
- Clean the nozzle with a thick rag, avoiding burns from the hot nozzle.
- Put the glass plate back on the heating bed.
- Heat up the bed to 50 (for PLA, or other material temp)
- Swipe any more filament that may have leaked from the nozzle, now lower it.
- Wait for the hairspray to dry off of the bed. Once it’s done, you’re ready for the next step.
- Is the printing bed level? Yes? Good. No? Level it.
- Click Print in OctoPrint
- Wait and watch your print gloriously fail!